Hello Ryan,

Anderson, Ryan C (US SSA) wrote:
> I put out a non-production ready ZFS agent which I slapped together,
> then lost interest in. I put up instructions for it at:
>
> http://mail.opensolaris.org/pipermail/zfs-discuss/2007-April/039419.html

I saw your post on zfs-discuss and it was great that you put out the
agent. I would be reluctant to put in a custom agent due to the lack of
support from Symantec though, as you alluded to above. Your information
that you sent through on zones and VCS was also very useful.

Now that Symantec are following your lead and putting out a supported
ZFS agent,  this looks very promising.
> One thing I learned since then is to make your 'zpool import' statement
> be 'zpool import -R /' so that when the node comes back from a crash it
> won't try to remount the ZFS filesystems that are likely on another
> node.
That is good to know.
>  Also, I didn't implement a clean. It was definitely fun though, a
> ZFS agent would replace DiskGroup, Volume, Mount and Share agents.

Indeed, which is part of the reason for my wanting to implement it, it
really does simplify the cluster configuration.

Kind Regards,

Nathan Dietsch