Sigmund,
 Thanks for reply and suggestions, yes it is an online upgrade and i
 did take only oracle resource offline and keeping sqlnet listener
 online and rest all online. then i did freeze the service group on top
 and then SG's status becomes PARTIAL..I kept it like that till whole
 upgrade finished for san flare..then unfreeze SG and take oracle
 online ..

 I am not sure about JAVA gui, never used and configured it too..web
gui did get hung sometimes don;t know why just could not proceed so
 finally used shell