-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Glen
Vassileff
Sent: Monday, February 11, 2008 7:29 PM
To: veritas-ha@mailman.eng.auburn.edu
Subject: [Veritas-ha] Solaris upgrade in a cluster - how to
minimizedowntime ?

I wonder what the right procedure to upgrade a cluster with minimal
downtime.
Details: Solaris 8 to be upgraded to 10 with VCS 4.1.

The Admin guide suggests shutting the servers down ( I assume both
nodes), we'd like to minimize the downtime and risks by upgrading nodes
one at a time while running application on another node if possible (may

not be as Solaris versions will differ following the first upgrade).
Can we freeze resource groups on one node while upgrading the second
node? Then, will we be able to failover to the upgraded node with nodes
on different O/S levels (Solaris 8 -> Solaris 10)?

I realise that Solaris Live Upgrade may be our other option, though disk

space is an issue.

Regards

Glen