-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Pascal
Grostabussiat
Sent: Tuesday, October 21, 2008 7:09 AM
To: Veritas-ha@mailman.eng.auburn.edu
Subject: [Veritas-ha] VCS 5.0 MP1: issue probing disk-group !?

Hi,

I have experiencing a weird issue since yesterday and I cannot get that
solve buy surfing and checking around. So I hope to get a hint using the

mailing-list.

Our sysadmin recently installed a system with two Sun SPARC for me with
VxVM, VxFS and VCS. In short I have VERITAS Foundation 5.0 with MP1.

      DESC:  Veritas Cluster Server by Symantec
    PSTAMP:  Veritas-5.0MP1-11/29/06-17:15:00

      DESC:  Virtual Disk Subsystem
    PSTAMP:  Veritas-5.0-MP1.26:2007-02-28

      DESC:  Commercial File System
    PSTAMP:  VERITAS-FS-5.0.1.0-2007-01-17-5.0MP1=123202-02

Now I have an issue with all disk-groups, like for example dba_DG. Using

the command line or the VERITAS Enterprise Administrator I can
import/deport the disk-group, I can mount the corresponding volumes and
creates file-systems on them. No issue there.

Now I go to the VERITAS Cluster Administrator and there our sysadmin had

already created resources for the disk-groups. However, I cannot bring
anyone online because the GUI keeps on telling me that the resource has
not been probed on the system (I have two systems, tried to online on A
and B, but same behavior). I deleted the resource, created a new one,
same issue. I still have a "?" mark on the resource. Issuing a probe
does not solve anything. I checked the engine_A.log and can see that the

probe was fired, but nothing more. I can run the hares -probe dba_DG
-sys A and I get the prompt back, nothing else appears !?

I am puzzled ! Any idea ? Any known issue ?

Many thanks in advance.
Regards,
/Pascal