Pavel,

We strongly encourage using CPI installer for upgrading the stack in an SFHA
cluster involving zones. Anyway, if you want to know the manual procedure, here
is the high level procedure.

1.      Zone root on shared storage using VXFS
You need to patch the zone only once.

a.      Move all service groups containing Zone resource to one system
(preferably).

b.      Bring down all the APP resources on top of the Zone. Keep the Zone
running.

c.      Stop VCS (hastop -local -force). Upgrade the SFHA packages. At this
time, SFHA packages are upgraded in the global and local zones. You may have to
reboot this node as the VXFS driver loaded in kernel is still of the lower
version.

d.      Upgrade the other node in the cluster after stopping VCS (using "hastop
-local -force"). Upgrade the SFHA packages. Please note, no zone is
installed/running on this node.

e.      Start VCS on 2nd node. Bring up the relevant Zone service groups.

2.      Zone root on local storage using VXFS
You need to perform the procedure similar to 1a, 1b and 1c on all nodes in the
cluster. This is because, each individual zone needs to be patched on all nodes
in the cluster.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Anish