>   As this is The Primary Swapvol, Wht you think can i Disable it. (i dnot
> think)
>
>   The swapvol is aroud 2 gb .

If it's not in use, sure you can.

swap -l to show the devices.
swap -d to disable it.

If enough swap is in use, the 'swap -d' will just give you an error and
exit immediately.  Otherwise it will disconnect from the disk.

>      The Volume Manager command 'vxmksdpart' makes this step easy as
>      well.  Simply running this command creates a partition in the
>      correct location on the disk.  All you give it is the subdisk name
>      (in this case, it would be 'disk16-01') and an 'unassigned' and
>      unused partition number (for this example, we'll use partition
>      number 0).  The hexidecimal notations "0x03 0x01" specify this
>      partiton's tag and flags (0x03 is 'swap' and 0x01 is 'wu').
>
>           /etc/vx/bin/vxmksdpart disk16-01 0 0x03 0x01
>

>     After running 'format' and creating this new partition, it
>      would look like the following:
>
>      Part      Tag    Flag     Cylinders        Size            Blocks
>        0       swap    wu       1 - 1169        2.00GB    (1169/0/0)  4197879
>        1 unassigned    wm       0               0         (0/0/0)           0
>        2     backup    wu       0 - 4923        8.43GB    (4924/0/0) 17682084
>        3          -    wu       0 -    0        1.75MB    (1/0/0)        3591
>        4          -    wu       1 - 4923        8.43GB    (4923/0/0) 17678493
>        5 unassigned    wm       0               0         (0/0/0)           0
>        6 unassigned    wm       0               0         (0/0/0)           0
>        7 unassigned    wm       0               0         (0/0/0)           0
>
>      See how the 'swap' partition begins at cylinder 1 (same place as the
>      beginning of the public area (slice 4), and that it is exactly
>      4197879 sectors long.  Now, this 2GB volume can be used as a dump
>      device, provided it appears first in the /etc/vfstab file.
>   My Question is will vxmksdpard will take care of cylinders starting lmit
> 1.e From Cylinder 1 to x Cylinders, IF I have already Other Volumes in the
> particular disk where newswap vol exists.

I can't understand your question.  vxmksdpart will map the volume on
disk that you pass it, and will create a slice that covers it (assuming
that the volume is contiguous and lies on cylinder boundaries).

--
Darren Dunham                                           [EMAIL PROTECTED]