> Hi ,
>
>   I want to know how we can configure/change the no. of paths in Veritas DMP.
> I mean to say, when I run check with
>
>   vxdmpadm getdmpnode enclosure=Disk
>
>   It shows me 4 under PATHS coloumn, Can I change this to 6 paths and
> how can I do it ?

It's showing you the number of logical connections between the host and
that storage device.  To see more, you need to add more.  This can be
done in many different ways.

Add additional controllers on the host and use the additional
controllers to attach to the storage.
Add or reconfigure switches so that visibility of the storage is
increased.
Connect additional links to the storage front-end.
Publish the storage on additional front-end ports.

Unless DMP or VxVM is explicitly ignoring a valid path, you don't do
anything in DMP to add paths.  It's showing them all.

>   FYI.. Vxvm 3.5
>           Storage - EMC Clariion and Symmetrix
>
>   I have another Question can DMp and Powrpath Can Co-exist? What I
>   think is Yes it can. correct me if iam wrong.

Yes, it can, but you probably only want one of them to attempt to handle
the multipathing of a particular storage device.

--
Darren Dunham                                           [EMAIL PROTECTED]