Hi all,

I have an (older) 3.5 Veritas sun box; there is no hope of going to 4x
anytime soon,so I am stuck with having to have a root dg.  Its a v480
so there are only two internal drives.  I have been wanting to mirror the
boot disk for the longest time and finally got my chance, but now I am not
sure if I just shot myself in the foot:

I had a small LUN assigned that is used for nothing, just a place holder in
the rootdg.  So now my two boot disks are not under veritas control so I can
mirror them.  But after I did this I wondered: what if the box comes up one
day and tries to start Veritas before the HBA presents the LUN to the box;
will Vxvm puke and not know what to do since it cant find a disk in the
rootdg?

*confused*

--
  )