Jarkko Airaksinen wrote:

> Hello,
>
> After one volume failed in a concatenated file system I’ve been trying
> to find a solution with no concats / raids in the OS at all, and rely
> solely on the safety features of the EVA.
>
> We can resize the LUN in the SAN easily as it’s an EVA. Can I resize
> the vxfs volumes in Solaris 8 as well? At least vxresize couldn’t do
> it as ‘format’ can’t see the correct size, and growfs is only for ufs
> disks.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Jarkko

Dynamic lun resizing by the OS only works with proper driver support and
HBA. If your vendor supports dynamic resizing of LUNS, then you could
use vxresize (perhaps after vxdctl enable, though the details are a bit
fuzzy; I've done it before, but it was more than a year ago).

Otherwise, you need to reboot, then run vxresize now that the OS sees
that the LUN is larger.
(There may be a few other intermediary steps, still fuzy. ;)