milind phanse wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I have solaris 9 server with Veritas file system.The server is having
> external EMC storage(
>
> DMX 300 )  with 500gb space.
>
> I want to have 500gb to be set up as one file system.
>
> Can you help me doing this.

It's very easy, really. Create the Logical unit on the EMC (LUN), make
sure your Solaris9 box can see it in 'format', (may require a
reconfigure reboot, depending what stage you are at), create a volume
using your new logical unit, and create a filesystem using the new volume.

The last two steps look something like (but differ in details)
vxassist -g emcdg create volume newvol 500g
/usr/lib/fs/vxfs/mkfs -F vxfs -o largefiles /dev/vx/rdsk/emcdg/newvol

(or you can use the web GUI)