Has anyone had luck consistently seeing BCVs after a split without a reboot?  I
have
a "backup" server connected to the SAN to mount BCVs for oracle backups.  The
standards
are running also on 32bit Linux SF4.1 HA.  If I split the disk groups making
them active
and then reboot the "backup" server, I can see and access the BCVs mounting and
everything.
But if the system was booted while the BCVs were established, the devices are
seen but error
out.  In that state, if I then split the disk groups to do a backup, I can't
get  the devices
to all become online and loadable from a vxdg standpoint.  The routine I've
gotten the
closest with is this:

Assuming the backup host was booted while the BCVs were established.

1. split the disk groups with symmir
         symmir -g $dg split -instant -noprompt

2. put vxconfigd in disable mode
         vxconfigd -k -m disable

3. update the partition info for /proc/partitions
         sfdisk -R /dev/emcpower[a-z] /dev/emcpower[a-z][a-z]

4. re-enable vxconfigd
         vxconfigd -k -m enable -r reset

At this point most of the devices become accessible.  If I run a subsequent
"vxdctl enable"
or "vxdisk scandisks", some of the devices go to error.

I've noticed that some of the errored devices have different dmpnodenames when
I do
a "vxdmpadm getdmpnode nodename=emcpowerw"  it comes back with "emcpoweraf" or
something else.

Anyone have any thoughts?

Thanks
Peter