completely forgot about that layer.  Unfortunately, just tried it and it
panics the system when I do an import of the disk group that the device
has the key still set on.  Here is the output from the vxfenadm command, perhaps
it might shed some light...

vxfenadm -g all -f /etc/vxfen_disklist

Device Name: /dev/emcpoweraw
Total Number Of Keys: 1
key[0]:
        Key Value [Numeric Format]:  65,86,67,83,0,0,0,0
        Key Value [Character Format]: AVCS

Device Name: /dev/emcpowerav
Total Number Of Keys: 1
key[0]:
        Key Value [Numeric Format]:  65,86,67,83,0,0,0,0
        Key Value [Character Format]: AVCS

Device Name: /dev/emcpowerbv
Total Number Of Keys: 1
key[0]:
        Key Value [Numeric Format]:  65,86,67,83,0,0,0,0
        Key Value [Character Format]: AVCS

Device Name: /dev/emcpowerbw
Total Number Of Keys: 1
key[0]:
        Key Value [Numeric Format]:  65,86,67,83,0,0,0,0
        Key Value [Character Format]: AVCS

Whats wierd about these is that the key does use the null character (dec 0),
but when I create another key where I specify an ASCII key of 4 characters,
it pads it with the "-"  (dec 45).  But maybe VM and VCS write the key as null
specifically where as the null from the vxfenadm command uses "-".

Thanks
Peter

Peter DrakeUnderkoffler
Xinupro, LLC