-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Ketan
Patel
Sent: Tuesday, July 24, 2007 10:08 AM
To: veritas-vx@mailman.eng.auburn.edu
Subject: [Veritas-vx] Volume Corrupted

Gurus,

Fsck on a corrupted volume displays following message:

[EMAIL PROTECTED] <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>  # mount /backup
UX:vxfs mount: ERROR: V-3-21268: /dev/vx/dsk/localdg/localdg_vol01 is
corrupted. needs checking
[EMAIL PROTECTED] <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>  # fsck -F vxfs -n
/dev/vx/rdsk/localdg/localdg_vol01
pass0 - checking structural files
pass1 - checking inode sanity and blocks
pass2 - checking directory linkage
pass3 - checking reference counts
pass4 - checking resource maps
au 7572 emap incorrect - fix? (ynq)n
au 7572 summary incorrect - fix? (ynq)n
fileset 1 iau 0 summary incorrect - fix? (ynq)n
OK to clear log? (ynq)n
sanity checks/updates have not been completed - restart? (ynq)n

Shall I go ahead with fsck? Will it cause me lose my data?

Ketan