Hi,

[[ First, I'm going to send a few questions in now. A couple will be similar in
some ways, but I figure it's the best to keep them separate...]]

We've been using Veritas Volume Manager, filesystem, and Cluster for a while.
And we have the FlashSnap license so that we can use the "vxdg split" command
to break-off mirrors for various purposes.

But we haven't used "vxdg split" on a Production system yet.
I think it would be helpful for us to do so.
But I'm a little concerned about using what is to us a new command on a
Production system.

What are other people's experiences with "vxdg split"?

If we want to break-off the mirrors in a data disk group, could the data disk
group/its contents/etc.... get corrupted/messed up somehow? Though it may be
unlikely, I'm concerned because if we did lose the disk group, our Production
system would be down. Pretty serious consequence.

If I had a fast recovery method just in case that happened, I'd feel better
about it.
But right now, I don't.

Ideas on how to get more familiar with this?

Also, how is Veritas Support when it comes to potential issues like this?
I find them very helpful, but I don't know whether the FlashSnap is something a
lot of customers use or whether a lot of the Veritas Support staff have a lot
of experience with.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Jon