Hello,

we are evaluating SFORA (enterprise edition for Solaris 10) and
faced the following problem. While trying to create storage checkpoints
the manual of dbed_ckptcreate says:
[...]
NOTES
     dbed_ckptcreate must be run as  the  Oracle  DBA  user.  The
     superuser  cannot create Storage Checkpoints, since there is
     no guarantee that the database status can be correctly iden-
     tified.
[...]
However, access rights for directory where dbed_ckptcreate resides
is as below:
bash-3.00# ls -al /opt/VRTSdbed
total 22
drwx------   8 bin      bin          512 Mar 12 08:29 .
drwxrwxr-x  54 root     root        1536 May 30 12:15 ..
drwxr-xr-x   2 bin      bin         1536 Mar 12 14:06 .dba
drwxr-xr-x   2 bin      bin         1024 Mar 12 14:06 bin
drwxr-xr-x   2 bin      bin          512 Mar 12 14:06 lib
lrwxrwxrwx   1 root     root          13 Mar 12 08:29 man ->
/opt/VRTS/man
drwxr-xr-x   3 bin      bin          512 Mar 12 08:29 msg
drwxr-xr-x   2 bin      bin          512 Mar 12 08:29 stats
drwxr-xr-x   3 root     root         512 Mar  7 15:42 usr

So no rights for DBA to run the dbed_ckptcreate.
I know that I can use ACLs but I don't think it is right solution
here. Can anybody tell me how to allow DBA to run dbed_ckptcreate ?
And why the /opt/VRTSdbed is so restricted ?

Regards
przemol

--
http://przemol.blogspot.com/