From: Romeo Theriault [mailto:romeotheria...@gmail.com]
Sent: Monday, January 26, 2009 10:12 PM
To: veritas-vx@mailman.eng.auburn.edu
Subject: [Veritas-vx] ALUA support in vxdmp on Solaris Sparc?

Hello, I'm running VxVM 4.1 with vxdmp on a Solaris 9 sparc box. This
box is used to connect to a SAN. We will be making a change to the SAN
that suggests that the client DMP software uses ALUA (Asymmetric logical
unit access) if it is supported. After quite a bit of searching I'm
unable to verify if vxdmp in vxvm 4.1 (or any version for that matter)
supports ALUA. Does anyone know if it supports it and better yet where I
might be able to find some documentation on configuring/using it?

r...@melon> pkginfo -l VRTSvxvm
   PKGINST:  VRTSvxvm
      NAME:  VERITAS Volume Manager, Binaries
  CATEGORY:  system