My configuration consists of a Sunfire 6900 running Solaris 9, Emulex
LP10000DC HBA's using the leadville driver and the SFK from Sun, Veritas
Storage Foundation 4.1 MP2. We are currently in the processes of
mirroring storage from a IBM DS8000 series array to an HP XP 24K array.
I should also specify that these two arrays are using the same 2 HBA's
for I/O. I have the Veritas recommended ASL loaded for the 24K array and
I can see that it is using it when I run the vxdmpadm commands. The
default io policy for this array is balanced and that is what it is
currently set to. However, when I run vxdmpadm iostat and look at the
statistics for a dmpnodename of a lun on the XP array I can see that it
is indeed using both paths to the lun but what I am seeing is that for
example a 26Kb write operation will take ~8ms down one path and over
200ms down the other path. To me this screams that something is
definitely not setup correctly but according to Veritas I am using the
correct io policy in DMP. Does anyone else have any experience using the
XP 24K array in a similar scenario and are they seeing the same
situation as I have described above? I am wondering if there is
something that I am missing on the host side. Any help would be greatly
appreciated as currently the mirror operation is reporting that it will
take 24 hours to mirror a 512GB filesystem.

Thanks,
Rob

Robert Rheault
Senior Systems Engineer, CSG
Iron Mountain
745 Atlantic Ave
Boston, MA 02111
Office: 617-535-8309
Cell: 617-729-2713
Email: rob.rhea...@ironmountain.com
Visit the new www.ironmountain.com

The information contained in this email message and its attachments
is intended
only for the private and confidential use of the recipient(s) named
above, unless the sender expressly agrees otherwise. Transmission
of email over the Internet
 is not a secure communications medium. If you are requesting or
have requested
the transmittal of personal data, as defined in applicable privacy
laws by means
 of email or in an attachment to email you must select a more
secure alternate means of transmittal that supports your
obligations to protect such personal data. If the reader of this
message is not the intended recipient and/or you have received this
email in error, you must take no action based on the information in
this email and you are hereby notified that any dissemination,
misuse, copying, or disclosure of this communication is strictly
prohibited. If you have received
this communication in error, please notify us immediately by email
and delete the original message.