On Wed, Mar 25, 2009 at 08:56:49AM -0700, Mike Li wrote:
> What will be involved to remove c4t2d14s2 from the appldba diskgroup and vm
> to give back to EMC SAN?
> Backup DB to tape.
> stop DB. Unmount filesystems for vol03, vol07,vol08
> vxassist -g appldba move vol03 !c4t2d14
> vxassist -g appldba move vol07 !c4t2d14
> vxassist -g appldba move vol08 !c4t2d14
> vxdg -g appldba rmdisk
> vxdisk rm c4t2d14 appldba02
> mount vol03,vol07,vol08
> start DB
> Please provide sanity check.
> Thank you in advance

Always want to test this out, but your steps appear correct to me.

You don't need to stop the DB if you don't want to.  All the vx commands
will work with the data online.  In fact, you don't show any unmounts,
so you don't need any remounts.

If you don't care where the data is moved, you should also be able to
use 'vxevac' to have it evacuate a particular disk instead of the
individual vxassist bits.

Test early, test often, have a backup.
--
Darren