On Jun 5, 2009, at 9:32 AM, Collin wrote:

> Trying to initialize 1.7TB lun
>
>   0        usr    wm                34         1.79TB
> 3846687710
>   1 unassigned    wm                 0            0                0
>   2 unassigned    wm                 0            0                0
>   3 unassigned    wm                 0            0                0
>   4 unassigned    wm                 0            0                0
>   5 unassigned    wm                 0            0                0
>   6 unassigned    wm                 0            0                0
>   8   reserved    wm        3846687711         8.00MB
> 3846704094
>
> Running the following...
>  Solaris 10
>  VCS 5.0 MP3 RP1HF6
>  Disk is from EMC Clarrion
>
> When I run
> #vxdisksetup -i emcpower6 format=sliced
> Get the following error..
> usage : vxprtvtoc -f <filename> <device>

Have you tried it without format=sliced?  (i.e. use the default cds
portable type)

Random thought - if you're trying to preserve the data, you'll need to
encapsulate.  Probably you already knew that and your slice 0 is just
left over from doing it with disksuite, but thought I'd mention it to
be sure.