VM views the two raid groups as single LUNs. It needn't be concerned with
the layout of each raid group. To change from 2 columns to 4 columns use the
relayout option to vxassist and also specify the two new LUNs on which to
place the two new columns.

That being said, the ISP feature of VM would allow you to drill down to
individual spindles and place subdisks on each spindle.

Bill