I'm trying implement file placement policies and am having trouble.

I have a RHEL 5.4 system run SF 5.1 and SFM (web gui) 2.1. It's
attached to an EMC CX3 array with PowerPath installed.

>From a vxfs and vxvm perspective things are fine.  I can manage it via
the command line and via the SFM web interface.  But when I try to
work with file placement policies I'm getting stuck.  The help for SFM
says "In the File Systems table, select an MDS (multi-device support)
file system."  But the vxfs and vxvm admin guides don't really say
much about what an MDS file systems.  To make it worse, the symatec
website won't let my download the PDFs today, giving me the helpful
"You don’t have permission to view “sf_notes_51_lin.pdf”." error
message instead.

So, how do I make a VXFS filesystem be "multi-device support'-ed?  Do
the really mean that it has to be a multi-volume filesystem instead?
Does File Placement Policy equal an Allocation Policy?  The docs are
sorely lacking in this area...

Rich

--
Rich Whiffen