On Mar 29, 2010, at 10:02 AM, Collin wrote:

I've got the following....

    Solaris 10
    VxVM 5.0MP3RP1HF12

I have a number of mount points that are being migrated from /dev/ dsk/cXtXdXsX to clustered mount points.

I'm guessing you mean 'clustered' in the sense of in a cluster - failover? Not clustered as in Veritas Clustered Filesystem that's multi-writer? I'm going to go with that asumption.

The problem I'm having is if I mount these disk in the /dev/dsk/ cXtXdXsX format I run the risk that if something were to cause the direct path to go down I would lose the databases on these mount points. But when I mount these disks as /dev/vx/dmp/<emc_array>_Xs6 my system panics and core dumps.

I've never tried to use Veritas DMP without creating Veritas disk groups and volumes - which would mount up from /dev/vx/dsk/ (diskgroupname)/(volumename). It almost looks like you're trying to take raw UFS mounts that maybe used to sit on emcpower pseudo devices, and mount them up through DMP like it's PowerPath? I'm not sure that works....

Does VxVM have any issues mounting /dev/vx/dmp/<emc_array>_Xs6??

Thanks,
Collin