Greetings all, first time poster here, so please be gentle.

I'm trying to run a POC for NetBackup Linux Flashbackup, but to do that
I need a VxVM volume and VxFS partition.  I've got a 6TB lun presented
to a test RedHat 2.6 server as /dev/sdb.  When I run vxdiskadm, option 1
to initialize the disk I get the following error.

This disk device does not appear to be valid.  The disk may not have

  a valid or usuable partition table, the special device file for the

  disk may be missing or invalid, or the device may be turned-off or

  detached from the system.  This disk will be ignored.

  Output format: [Device_Name,Disk_Access_Name]

  [sdb,sdb]

vxdisk list gives me the following output.

DEVICE       TYPE            DISK         GROUP        STATUS

sda          auto:none       -            -            online invalid

sdb          auto            -            -            error

sdc          auto            -            -            error

I also tried running through the VxVM Admin guide and got the following:

vxdisk init sdb

VxVM vxdisk ERROR V-5-1-0 read of lvm header blocks for /dev/vx/rdmp/sdb
failed

VxVM vxdisk ERROR V-5-1-5433 Device sdb: init failed:

        Disk Ioctl failed

My Symantec rep gave me some trial keys and free software, but I'm on my
own for configuration. Can someone here throw me a bone?  I've got to be
doing something wrong.

Thanks!

-Jonathan