Hi,

Are the Veritas binaries installed on our v890 (sun4u architecture, Solaris
10) the same as the Veritas binaries on a T2000 (sun4v architecture, Solaris
10)?
We use Veritas VxVM, VxFS, and Cluster.

*Background*
We want to use our current v890's system disks to create a "duplicate"
environment on a T2000. We use "flar's" for this purpose all the time.
However, this is the first time we've gone from one arch. to another arch.
The standard flar process won't work in this case. But Sun (Oracle) has a
workaround that makes the flar method possible.

If that process works, we would end up with the Veritas binaries from the
v890/sun4u environment on the T2000.
But I'm thinking these may not work at all or might have problems and might
need to be re-installed. If so, it would affect our plans.

So, are the same Veritas binaries used for both a Solaris 10 on sun4u arch.
and a Solaris 10 on sun4v arch.?

Thanks,
Jon