On Thu, 2010-08-12 at 10:57 -0400, William Havey wrote:
> Which is more efficient at moving regions of a plex: evacuate or
> mirror? This might just be a case of 6 of one, a half-dozen of the
> other. Only a test of each on your hardware would show which, if
> either, moves regions of plexes.

Of course, but if performance is not the issue, which of the two methods
(or if you have another method) seems more "right" to you?

The data stored on these volumes is critical, so I'm interested to hear
about the "best practice" approach, rather than the most efficient way.

> BTW, for #2, the command is vxassist not vxvol.

Yeah, I know, consider it a typo :)