From: veritas-vx-boun...@mailman.eng.auburn.edu
[mailto:veritas-vx-boun...@mailman.eng.auburn.edu] On Behalf Of Neil
Swallow
Sent: Thursday, 2 September 2010 4:42 PM
To: veritas-vx@mailman.eng.auburn.edu
Subject: [Veritas-vx] Discovered disk names

Hello

I recently vxdctl enabled to see some new Hitachi LUN's (new array to
these
servers too) on two servers in a VCS cluster.   The disks have been JBOD
named by the look of it (Disk_0 to Disk_28) rather than enclosure named.
I believe that this may be because I had an old version of the ASL
installed.   I've now updated this ASL.

Additionally, whilst the Solaris device names seem to match on the two
cluster nodes, the Disk_x  names do not.   This doesn't technically
matter
but since this is a cluster I was hoping to get both nodes to look the
same for easier management. and disk identification.

So....does anyone know the easiest way to wipe out the new VX disks (not
the OS devices) so I can re-vxdctl enable and hope that the new ASL
picks the enclosure up correctly (OR can I just try and apply enclosure
based naming through vxddladm ??? and if so will this affect other,
pre-existing
disks?)

AND if I manage that (or even if not!)  is there an easy way to get the
two
sides to match ?   It seems I can edit /etc/vx/disk.info but is that the
only way?

thanks,
Neil

IMPORTANT: This email remains the property of the Department of Defence
and is subject to the jurisdiction of section 70 of the Crimes Act 1914.
If you have received this email in error, you are requested to contact
the sender and delete the email.