A DRL log tracks differences between two plexes.
A DCO log tracks differences between a volume and its snapshot.
A DCM log (used in VVR) tracks differences between two volumes.

A RAID5 log contains data. It is not a bitmap. Also, it does not appear as a
"LOGONLY" plex. In the State column of vxprint output it reports as "LOG".
And, a R5 volume's log is associated by default. You'd have to delete the
log deliberately.
A DRL, DCO, and DCM logs are bitmaps. Performance is a non-issue with bits.

--
William (Bill) Havey
Symantec HA Professional