On Nov 19, 9:01 am, Rob Allen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> The concern I have is that if the companies behind Versions cease to
> make enough money to be viable, what happens when AppleCare puts a new
> logic board in my mac 5 days after all your servers have been shut down?

Hi Rob,

If we ever have to shut down our registration server, our first
priority is to get an update to Versions out doesn't rely on it.  We
are both running our software companies (Sofa and Pico) because we
enjoy making things that people enjoy to use.  The fact that people
actually buy our software doesn't only make us proud, it also makes us
aware of the responsibility we have to let them continue using it.
That responsibility won't simply go away if both of our companies ever
seize to exist.  Every single person who worked on Versions would feel
pretty horrible if they knew nobody would be able to re-register the
app anymore, so it's in our interest too to make sure that never
happens.

The only thing I can add to this is to ask you for your confidence.
We've never dropped the ball when a beta was about to expire, now that
people are actually paying for Versions our responsibility has only
become bigger. :)

- Dirk