Sadly that won't work when you're trying to keep working on the same
working copy during a commit..

Making commits non-blocking could be a pretty tough nut to crack, both
from a UI and a 'making sure nothing breaks' perspective.  A couple of
our repositories also have pretty lengthy post-commit hooks, so I see
how this can get annoying.

It's very hard (and rarely smart) to make promises about future
functionality, so I won't about this particular topic :) -- but I
think we should look into the possibility at some point.

Cheers,
- Dirk
the Versions team

---