I decided to check out a few others svn clients.

I tried svnX which at first glance was good. But later I realized it
lacked features in the gui for renaming, ignoring, and a few other
things.

So when I went to the command line to ignore some files SVN tells me
it's too old to work with my working copy folder! I tried using
Versions again and I got the same error!

How can I get Versions or my command line svn to work with this
working copy again?

Also, the preferences of svnX say it's using the svn binaries in /usr/
local/bin
Isn't that also the same binaries the command line svn command uses?
Why would it work for 1 thing but not another?