It would seem that Versions isn't handling the port number correctly. That's a good bug to turn up, hope it gets fixed. :-)

I'm guess you already know that you can do a checkout from the command- line, then browse to the checked-out directory when setting up a Working Copy bookmark. In my experience, this automatically creates the corresponding Repository bookmark. Does this work for you with the custom port number?

 - Quinn