I should have been more specific, my mistake. The propedit subcommand doesn't accept a --recursive option, because editing properties is specific to a given file or directory. However, the propset command *does* accept --recursive, but it will blow away whatever properties may already exist at any affected node. When used on a working copy path, any such changes can easily be reverted, but it does call for some caution.

The global-ignores variable is extremely useful, but remember that it is client-specific: only your machine and user account will be affected. It doesn't set any properties on repository resources, it only tells local SVN queries to ignore those files. That means that if you collaborate with someone else, and they don't have the same global- ignores set, they're likely to see the files you don't. This is one reason why svn:ignore properties are helpful, especially for directories in which files meant to be unversioned are (or are likely to be) created.

Even so, I agree that it could be nice to be able to add a pattern to the svn-ignore property for multiple directories at once. Even more so to be able to add/remove file properties en masse, such as keywords, MIME type, etc. This would require some clever UI for editing multiple items (perhaps somewhat like the Inspector panel in Finder) and some extra work on the part of Versions, but it's not impossible by any means. I'd definitely welcome the feature if it were added.

 - Quinn