It really depends on what you mean by "clients". Is each client a single user (like "client-server") or a group of people (like a business client)? I'm assuming the latter, since in the former case it's a matter of creating a login for each user.

Subversion does support path-based authentication, such that specific users and groups can only access specific paths, but using it extensively is discouraged. The reason is that users get confused about which parts they can and can't access. It also becomes a maintenance headache for the repository admin. It's generally much cleaner to create a separate repository for distinct groups. If users need to work in multiple repositories, their login information can be the same for each.

HTH,
  - Quinn