On 25 Giu, 22:56, Kevin Powick <kpow...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Jun 24, 6:49 pm, asidden <asid...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > I have several bookmarks for different repos and when i launch
> > Versions.app - all of that are connected, even the ones i haven't used
> > for a long time.
>
> Out of curiosity, why is this a problem?  Does it introduce some type
> of performance penalty?

Try having dozens of bookmarks to open source projects all around the
world and a slow internet connection.

> I've only been using Versions for a couple of months, so perhaps I
> have yet to experience the implications of the situation you describe.

It doesn't depend on how long you use Versions. It depends on how you
use it, on the speed of the servers and on the quality of your
connection to them.

> However, I agree with Dirk that I would not want the extra overhead of
> enabling/disabling various bookmarks, plus having to understand
> additional visual status indicators.  It would probably not be a big
> deal if implemented, but why do so if it's really unnecessary?

Another case: there are a few (but not all) repositories on extremely
slow servers. Now you can either disable all badges, therefore losing
a nice feature on all fast servers, or be stuck updating the badge
from the slow servers, which may unnecessarily slow down your job. In
this scenario the "don't update what you don't see" feature mitigates
the problem but doesn't really solve it.

Ganesh