Hi digartner,

These so-called "global ignore" settings are stored in a special
Subversion configuration file that's shared by all Subversion client
applications on your computer.

You can find it in the hidden .subversion folder that lives in your
home directory, the easiest way to access it is by opening a Terminal
window and running the command:

open .subversion

That should open the folder in Finder, you can then edit the "config"
file that's in there with your text editor of choice (TextEdit will
do).

Search for a line that starts with "global-ignores = ", there's a good
chance that this line is commented out (which it is by default), in
which case Subversion uses its default set of file patterns to ignore,
in Subversion 1.5 this default set is:

*.o *.lo *.la #*# .*.rej *.rej .*~ *~ .#* .DS_Store

In Subversion 1.6 the default set of global-ignores:

*.o *.lo *.la *.al .libs *.so *.so.[0-9]* *.a *.pyc *.pyo *.rej *~
#*# .#* .*.swp .DS_Store

(Basically it should be the same as what's behind "global-ignores = "
in the commented version of that line)

If you remove the #, and change the line by removing the patterns that
match with files that you don't want to ignore, and then save the
file, Versions should pick up your files as expected (no need to Quit
and relaunch the app).

Sorry for the hassle and the lack of documentation on this topic.  We
hope to offer a UI to modify these global ignore settings from within
Versions in a future update.

All the best,
- Dirk

the Versions team