The core problem is that Versions supports SVN (Subversion) but not CVS. Thus,
Versions will never be able to connect to a CVS repository.

I highly recommend switching to SVN if at all possible. Here are some useful
resources.

http://subversion.apache.org/
http://subversion.apache.org/faq.html#cvs2svn
http://svnbook.red-bean.com/en/1.5/svn.forcvs.html