You'll be happier using a distributed version control system, such as Git. I
recently switched my company to Git earlier this year and have never looked
back. So much better and less problematic managing repositories. Dead easy
to create a repository on any box and have clones on any other box.
Push-pull between them. I used to be a die-hard Subversion fan.

/TheDO/