This is just to let you know that the PDF export in Veusz 1.1 with
Qt4-4.4.1 is broken (affecting Fedora 8+).

This is because the PDF format changed in this Qt4 version. Qt doesn't
allow the user to set a custom PS/PDF page size, so Veusz modifes the
output file to fix the page size (yuck - this is reported as a bug in Qt).

Veusz has to also update the cross-reference xref table in the PDF file to
be consistent with the modifed PDF. In Veusz 1.1 this calculation is
rather specific to the PDF format used by Qt4 and so it broke when it
changed.

In the SVN repository I've written some much more robust code to do the
xref fixup. Hopefully Qt will add some code to allow the program to modify
the page size and I won't have to do this in the future.

If anyone needs the new PDF output code in a release, please contact me. I
plan to release a new Veusz in the next few weeks as I've added quite a
bit of code for drawing and manipulating shapes on the plot.

Jeremy

--
Jeremy Sanders <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
http://www.jeremysanders.net/                Cambridge, UK