mimisa...@gmail.com wrote:

> Hi Jeremy,
> I used the workaround you suggested and it works fine.
> Another little question: in the header of my data file I have some rows,
> useful for plotting and manipulating data, stored in the form:
> SampleFrequency = xxxyyyHy
> I'd like to use them in order to crate Vuesz constants. Is there a way
> to create constants programmatically in an importPlugin?

I've added some code which mostly works for returning constants from an
import plugin as extra dataset-like objects. It's in the development
version:

https://github.com/jeremysanders/veusz/commit/4b9905c4c696f507556a0541a2bba77f4fa34fa6

At the moment you could write a tools plugin which does the import and then
calls AddCustom to add your variables.

There is an issue with that API I notice, however. Adding multiple
definitions with the same name leaves the originals intact, though the later
ones override the earlier ones. I ought to fix that...

Jeremy