I've uploaded a beta for Veusz 1.16 (aka Veusz 1.15.99). Please give it a try and give me feedback.

The MathML support is the least robust part. You should be able to use MathML code in any label. The Qt parser doesn't like some elements containing whitespace, however. Also I've noticed that the output doesn't look good on my windows laptop. I think the is a DPI issue which needs debugging.

Get it here:
 http://download.gna.org/veusz/testing/

The Windows environment has been upgraded to the latest Qt 4.8. The mac binary is using a rather old one due to my ancient mac environment. I've failed so far to get pyminuit to install on my windows environment, so that's not included in this beta.

Provisional release notes are below:

Changes in 1.16:
 * Experimental MathML support
 * Support for *args and **kwargs for custom functions
 * Add upper/lower-left/right arrows
 * Add options to clip text/lines/shapes to graphs
 * Add stacked-area option to bar plot widget
 * Draw stacked bar plots top-down for better overlapping line behaviour
* Axis labels can be placed at left or right of axes, in addition to centre
 * Line widget now has length-angle or point-to-point modes. Better support
   for only specifying some coordinates.
 * Exception dialog records more detailed traceback
 * Use top level windows for non-modal dialogs, giving minimize in window
   and no always-on-top behaviour
 * Zero length vectors and arrows in vector fields are not plotted

Bug fixes:
 * Workaround for splash screen problem
 * Fix numerous problems reported by pyflakes
 * Histograms fail when saved
 * Fix plot with nan functions
 * Fix failure of self tests on ARM platforms
 * Force pages/documents to have physical sizes
 * Fix crash if deleting multiple datasets in data edit dialog
 * Check dimensions of datasets in SetData
 * Handle better zero bytes in data files
 * Fix error if page size zero
 * Fix error if vector baselength is zero