On 25/05/13 21:56, Peter Meier wrote:

I'm looking for a tool to display measurement data aquired by python in
real-time. I was looking into veusz, but still have not figured out if
this is possible. Options to transfer the data can be files and UDP.
I was looking into the capture feature, but the reload function was not
doing the job for me. Any alternative suggestions?

The capture facility should work ok, depending on the format of the data. You don't need reload. It requires data in text form, with each dataset stored as a column in a row, separated by whitespace. If the data is not in this form, an external program can be used to transform the data. UDP sockets aren't supported (TCP is), but you can read from files or external programs.

It should be a matter of going to Data->Capture, entering the dataset names to be read from the file, enter the file name, and click capture.

Jeremy