Dear Jeremy,

Since version 1.18, an error has been cropping up when I try to use files that
were imported using the $FILENAME prefix. The file imports correctly and I can
check the data is OK, but when I use it in a  graph, it shows the error in the
console window:

'Error evaluating 'filename': 'invalid syntax (<string>, line 1)'

If I change the file name manually in data navigator window, then it works
fine. Note that previously (version 1.17) we couldn't use the $FILENAME prefix
on its own, it had to have something in the dataset name– I used blank; now
that I can (and this was my request :-( ) it's falling over. Even if I put
something in the dataset name, it doesn't work. This is not a critical error,
as I can override the data name, but it's a bit of a pain, as all previous
datasets and their corresponding graphs where I used this syntax have to be
renamed

Cheers,

Mark Durré
Ph.D. Student
Centre for Astrophysics and Supercomputing
Swinburne University of Technology
PO Box 218, Hawthorn
Victoria 3122, Australia
Email: mdu...@swin.edu.au<mailto:mdu...@swin.edu.au>