On 5/14/2015 8:36 PM, Tim Channon wrote:
> Unless I have missed something an omission from Veusz is the ability to
> simply draw polylines, a line plotter.
>
> I draw outline geographic maps using gle (which needs minor script
> assistance) and with gnuplot (which doesn't).
>
> Veusz is very close to achieving the same effect.
>
> All that is needed is being able to distinguish between move to and line
> to.

Hi Tim,
  If what you mean by "move to" is that there should be no line between
the previous point and the target point, all you need to do in Veusz is
insert a coordinate pair containing at least one NaN. (Written, nicely
enough, as nan or NaN.) So:

x1 y1
x2 y2
nan nan
x3 y3
x4 y4

will have lines connecting pts. 1 & 2 and 3 & 4, but not 2 & 3. It might
take a tiny bit of scripting to insert the NaNs where you want them. Or
writing an input plugin which automatically handles the blank lines as a
pair of NaNs.

Regards,
--BKS