On 5/14/2015 11:15 AM, Mike Statkus wrote:
> Many thanks to Jeremy for the outstanding plotting tool!
>
> Is it intended that TIFF export produces images without compression? 16*12
> cm figure at 300 dpi (1800*1400 pixels) is saved by Veusz export as a 10
> Mb TIFF, which is reduced to 300 Kb TIF after opening with Photoshop and
> saving as TIF with LZW compression enabled. Unfortunately, I haven't found
> an option in Veusz 1.23 to turn on LZW or ZIP compression in TIF files.

You're right, Veusz does not seem to turn on TIFF compression. The good
news is that it should be trivial to fix, the QImageWriter just needs
  writer.setCompression(1)
called on it. I'll try to put together a pull request next week if
Jeremy doesn't do a fix first.

We might also want to set
  writer.setOptimizedWrite(true)
  writer.setProgressiveScanWrite(true)
for new Qt versions that will support them; this improves the JPEG
output file sizes. (See https://bugreports.qt.io/browse/QTBUG-20075,
which was merged for 5.5.)

Regards,
--BKS