Hi Frans

On 04/03/2016 12:34 PM, Frans Ooms wrote:

I would like to display user defined constants (e.g. a string) in a
label widget.
Defining the constants is easy, creating a label on a page also, but how
to display the constant in the label? As far as I can see, the label
only accepts "Label text" directly.

It would also be interesting to be able to show the current date,
filename etc.
Are there e.g. accessible environment variables that can be used for this?

I'm afraid labels can't currently include any dynamic content, though it sounds a good idea.

One suggestion would be a tools plugin, which would replace the text of a label with the text you want,

e.g.

Root.page1.label1.val = 'my text'

Cheers

Jeremy