I use a DicK Talleur profile plate, its' adjustable and inexpensive.  Find a
piece of mat board, a scrap from a framing shop will do, cut a rectangle,
and then score the middle across, fold on the score line, use a small piece
of mono on the bottom to hold them together so it stands up on it's own, my
finnished plate is 6" x 8".   Like a table top tent advertising stuff in a
restaurant, I find a pastel works best, and you can move it around so it's
within your view line.

Peggy B

--
Peggy Brenner