Buggs convinced me to join in too.

He asked "What's a panfish?"  I told him it's any fish shaped like a frying
pan, with the tail being the 'handle'.  He's satisfied with that answer.  What
a dummy!  lol

  From: chuckalexan...@hughes.net
  To: fly fishing for panfish ; vfb-mail@googlegroups.com
  Sent: Friday, February 27, 2009 8:27 PM
  Subject: [VFB] Hodge Podge Panfish Swap

  Folks: I swore off swaps till after this year's fishing season. BUT.. I have
an idea I'm gonna throw out here, for a swap that popped into my head and see
if there is even any interest. I have never heard of this type swap, but maybe
there have been some before..  Here goes:

  It will be for a minimum of 10 ppl. Max of 15 tiers. It will be called the
"Hodge Podge Panfish Swap"..

  Here's the deal. Some of us have been talking about getting bored by tying
the same flies over and over. soooo.  Say we have 12 ppl. You'll tie 11
DIFFERENT Panfish flies, and send Me  those 11 DIFFERENT flies. Or, you could
even send in 11 Panfish flies you have already tied up, don't matter to me, the
idea is to swap ideas (and flies) with each other.  I get ALL the flies in, and
I throw them all into a hat. Then, I pick a baggy for tier #1. I pull him (or
her) out 11 flies. And I send those 11 (DIFFERENT) flies to tier #1. Same with
tier #2, and #3 and so on down the line.

  So, let Me know if you'd be interested. If so, if we can get at least 10
tiers, they won't be due till, say, May 1st.  Thanks,  Chuck

  1. Chuck Alexander
  2. John Bennett
  3. Rick Zieger
  4. Jim Collins