Peggy
Why invent a fly
I use this one on the Till & Tweed rivers in the spring.
Local pattern never been told the name.
iain

hook - 16-10 down eyed wet fly
Tail - speckled grey white Mallard or teal breast
Body - Rear half silver lurex front half dark red seals fur
Rib - silver wire
Wing - speckled grey white Mallard or teal breast
Hackle (tied as a beard) pale blue
Head black

The darker the day the less silver in the body
the brighter the day the more silver in the body
In autumn it gets a dull yellow hackle instead of the blue

Here are the rules, I 'm
looking for some suggestions for a wet fly pattern, no larger than a size 8 and
colors must be Royal Blue, claret/maroon, white and gray.

I've come up with a collared wet; collar being white and gray hackle, with a
claret seal dubbed body and a royal blue parrot quill tail, any better
suggestions?

--

Peggy Brenner