From: markflie...@hotmail.com
To: vfb-mail@googlegroups.com; desert-tr...@hotmail.com
Subject: RE: [VFB] A Fly Design Question
Date: Sun, 19 Apr 2009 16:15:24 -0600

Wes, we just got home from Missouri and the show yesterday.........as soon as i
get here, i find i have well over 200 emails........so naturally i've had to do
MASS deletions...........without ever having a chance to read
them.............just WAY to time consumming. for the list.....
i'm sure you've had PAlenty of suggestions...........but just in
case............try using Mink tail gaurd hairs.......the make KILLER tailing,
etc. and they are nicely tapered. i've got 'em in bout 5 different natural
colors as well........  mark..... p.s. you can email privately to continue
this...........if so desired.......

> Date: Sat, 18 Apr 2009 20:32:10 -0700
> Subject: [VFB] A Fly Design Question
> From: wada....@gmail.com
> To: vfb-mail@googlegroups.com
>

> Hi VFB,
>
> It's spring here (finally). This winter seemed r-e-a-l-l-y long.
>
> I have a fly design question / challenge / problem.
>
> I have been using microfibetts to make antennae for terrestrials. But
> one fiber is really too thin. If I glue three together, I get a good
> diameter, but it's a lot of trouble. The taper to the end of the
> fiber is important. Standard paint brush fiber width is good, but
> normal bristles on those brushes don't taper.
>
> Artist's paintbrushes would work, if I could find ones with bristles
> at least 1-1/2" long. And boy would that brush be expensive.
>
> Can anyone think of a durable product I can use? I could use
> something like bear hair, but a synthetic in clear or white would be
> preferable.
>
> Any ideas of where to look?
>
> Thanks,
> Wes Wada
> Bend, Oregon

Rediscover HotmailĀ®: Get e-mail storage that grows with you. Check it out.