Looks like we like to fish the same way.
Tony

--- On Wed, 5/20/09, J Balmer <jbal...@a5.com> wrote:

From: J Balmer <jbal...@a5.com>
Subject: [VFB] Re: Fishing now Indicator
To: vfb-mail@googlegroups.com
Date: Wednesday, May 20, 2009, 7:58 AM

I coined the term “fish slappers” because it looks like they’re
slapping the water w/ short line. They stand in one place, have maybe 6-10 feet
of line out w/ a bobber 1-3 feet from the fly, let the fly run a short distance
down the outlet run & then pick it up & start over again. On a weekend
sometimes you’ll see a fish slapper every 5-10 feet on both sides of the outlet.

I watch my line when the fly is drifting & feel the hit when
it’s swinging or I’m stripping. I set the hook on a rock or two when the line
stops, but you’re going to catch a few inanimate objects when you’re putting a
lure where the fish are. I know people who are very successful w/ an indicator,
but I’m not one of themJ Like other aspects of life, whatever works is a good
motto.

From:
vfb-mail@googlegroups.com [mailto:vfb-m...@googlegroups.com] On Behalf Of
Anthony